Maintain membership's ability to provide
input to governance
Regional VP issues:
Before any constitutional changes - put
before membership - communicate pros/cons
Purpose of Constitutional Convention?
Before any Constitutional Convention
communicate proposal(s) at least to Chapter Presidents
(at least one month prior to Convention) if December
4-11, by mid-October
Why Constitutional Convention in
December? Not good timing! Why rush? (travel, weather,
Chapters/members not receiving adequate
"service" from EO. EO needs to have accountability to Board.
- Certification process (as currently administered)
- Understanding who customers are and listen (2-way
- Administrative problems at EO:
- Turnaround time
- Correct information in membership database
- Member Services
- PMP Date (date of certification not exam pass date)
- Issues identified to Regional VPs should be discussed
with Board and responded to in timely manner.
- Elected Board position - VP Membership Services -
liaison between Chapters and EO.
- Increase number of Regional VPs/Regions
- Define problem (i.e. Structure and Constitution) then
develop plan for solving!
- Determine how much of "problem" can be resolved via
redistribution/split of work (i.e. reorganize VP - Tech)
- Are "right" people in positions to get job done?
- Spend more time understanding organizational problems
(with right stakeholders)
- Put Certification and Infrastructure on CCP Agenda for
September (Frank Saladis to follow up)
- Request to have these items on the Board Agenda for
- More organized CCPs - make sure there is
accountability/ownership for all action items
- Better communications between Chapters
The next NE Regional caucus will be held in
Atlanta on November 8, 1997.