LinkedIn has become an increasingly important vehicle for those conducting a job search these days. Just consider some of the following statistics to understand just how important LinkedIn can be.
- Over 138 million people, or 62% of individuals who are considered “employable” in the US are on LinkedIn.
- An estimated 44,000 job applications are submitted via LinkedIn on a daily basis.
- About 85% of recruiters say they use LinkedIn to find candidates for jobs they are seeking to fill.
- At least 94% of recruiters use LinkedIn to vet job candidates.
This presentation is for everyone who might, at some point in time, find themselves looking for a new position. It will provide tips on how to best structure and design a LinkedIn profile for maximum impact and will also provide tips on the best ways to utilize your LinkedIn contacts so that you might network with hiring managers and recruiters to gain access to the job you desire.
During this session, you will:
- Understand the importance of keywords to manage your profile and they can attract Human Resources and recruiters.
- Learn tips on how to determine which keywords are the most important for your unique job search.
- See best practice techniques for networking your way into a conversation with hiring managers
With LinkedIn gaining even more popularity by hiring companies it is import for candidates to have an understanding of how to best use this important job search tool to their advantage. This presentation addresses a multitude of tips and can help any candidate improve pre-interview networking techniques by using LinkedIn.
Known as "The Landing Expert," Alex Freund helps his clients land new positions and get promotions through effective interviewing. As a former director at Honeywell, Sanofi and Tyco International, Alex is an experienced hiring manager.
Currently, Alex is a career coach, specializing in helping his clients improve their interviewing skills and making them confident and comfortable throughout the interviewing process. For the last 13 years, Alex has helped more than 900 clients ranging from managers to CEOs in a variety of industries.
Alex is volunteering in several job-search networking groups where he is an occasional presenter. He conducts workshops on interviewing, resumes, LinkedIn, Value Proposition, Personal Branding and alike in addition to weekly publishing a blog written specifically for job seekers. His blogs are posted on many LinkedIn groups, appeared in Inc. Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine and Business Insider.
For over eight years, Alex has been teaching a course for people in transition via the Princeton Adult School and publishes The Landing Expert List, a free directory of job-search networking groups via his website at landingexpert.com.
Alex is a Cornell University graduate and speaks five languages.